- ITarian Remote Access lets you remotely control endpoint devices to solve issues and perform tasks.
The remote manager toolbar
- After establishing a connection, you will see the desktop of the remote machine in the ITarian window.
- The remote access toolbar is located at the top-center of this window. You can re-position the toolbar as required.
- The following table lists the features you can use on the toolbar.
Position - Click and drag the tool bar to your preferred location.
Full Screen - The remote desktop will cover your entire display, without the operating system's window-framing interface.
- Click the same icon to exit full screen mode
Pin - Pin or unpin the tool bar to the title bar in full screen view.
Minimize/Maximize - Show/hide tool bar options.
Actions - Send control commands to the endpoint.
- Send Ctrl + Alt + Del - (Windows only). Opens the Windows security screen, which allows you to:
- Lock the remote computer
- Log the current user out of the remote machine
- Change the password of the remote machine
- View task manager on the remote machine
- Shut down/restart/hibernate the remote machine.
- Lock Session - Locks the remote endpoint. Provide a password to unlock the endpoint.
- Send Special Keys - If enabled, send key combination commands such as Ctrl+C, Windows + R and so on.
- Special key combinations depend on the operating systems of the local (admin) device and the remote device.
View - Change the display size of the remote desktop. The available options are:
- Best Fit - Automatically adjusts the screen resolution for the best visual experience.
- Scaled - Displays the target desktop with the resolution of the admin computer
- Original - Displays the target desktop at its own resolution
- Full screen - Displays the remote desktop in full screen view
Multi-Screen - The multi-screen icon only appears if the target point endpoint has a multi-monitor setup. The drop-down shows all monitors connected to the endpoint and allows you to choose which to view.\
Select 'Switch Screen' to move to the next screen on the list