The 'Registry Variables' tab in the "System Templates" interface allows administrators to view, create and manage pre-defined and custom Registry groups. The groups added to this interface will be available for selection while configuring Windows Profiles for HIPS and containment.
Configure Registry Groups :
(1) To open the 'Registry Groups' interface
- Click 'Settings' from the left and select 'System Templates' → Click 'Registry Variables' from the top
- The list of default and user-defined registry groups will be displayed. The default groups are indicated by 'Default' at their right and cannot be edited or deleted.
(2) Sorting, Search and Filter Options
- Clicking on the 'Registry Groups' column header will sort the items in ascending/descending order of the names of the Registry groups.
- To filter or search for a specific Registry group, click the search icon at the top right and enter the name of the group on part or full
(3) To add a new Registry group
- Enter the name of the new Registry Group in the New Registry Group field and click the '+' button. The new group will be added to the list. The next step is to add the Registry keys to the group.
- Click the '+' at the left of the group name
- Enter the path of the registry key/value in the New Registry Entry field and click 'Add'
- The key will be added to the group.
- Repeat the process to add more Registry keys and values to the group.
- To edit the key/value in the group, click the 'Edit' icon beside the key name.
- Edit the entry and click 'OK' to save your changes
- To remove the key added by mistake or an unwanted key from the group, click the trash can icon beside the key name. A confirmation dialog will appear.
- Click 'OK' in the confirmation dialog.
(4) To edit the name of a Registry Group
- Click the 'Edit' icon beside the Registry Group
- Enter the new name for the group in the Rename Registry Group dialog and click 'OK'
(5) To remove a Registry Group
- Click the Trash can icon beside the Registry Group
- A confirmation dialog will appear. Click 'OK' in the confirmation dialog.
Registry groups in HIPS and Containment :
Once a registry group is added, it will be available under HIPS and containment for selection while configuring the Windows Profiles.
Containment Exclusion :
- In Containment → Go to Settings
- Click exclusions in registry keys/values. It wil ask you a confirmation message about system restart at endpoint. Click →confirm.
- In 'Manage Exclusions' -> Click Add -> Registry groups. It lists all registry groups that you are added along with the default registry groups.
- For example Select → Registry keys of account software. It will be added to the containment
HIPS Exclusion :
- In ITSM →Go to the profile you configured to the windows device → click Add profile section -> Add HIPS
- In HIPS → Protected Objects → Select 'Registry keys' from the drop-down under show and by 'Group list'
- Now click the 'Add Registry key'. It will list all the registry groups. For example, Select → Important keys.
- 'Important Keys' will be added to HIPS as shown below and then click Save